Under Alert Level 2 we will resume golf at Pahiatua from Thursday 21st May including the Bar.
1. ALL visitors to Pahiatua Golf Club must sign the contract tracing book on the shelf by the green fee slot. Preferably using your own pen.
2. There is hand sanitiser available at the sign in book and cart shed, please use.
3. Please wash your hands before and after play.
Notices for how we need to conduct ourselves both on the course and in the clubhouse are posted at the clubhouse and on Facebook.
Thank you for your co-operation. Please respect that we are doing all we can to keep our golfing community safe.
BUSH CLASSIC FULL – WE NOW HAVE A WAITING LIST
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
World Handicap System:
A big change for golfers in 2020 is the introduction of the new World Handicap System (WHS) which starts on Monday 2nd March.
Click here to go to the NZ Golf website to read all about it.
There is an expectation that cards will be entered daily, or after each round – our handicapper will not be able to do that, so we will need to get some other way to make the handicaps more current. Probably enter on Fridays and have the handicap sheets up for the weekend and coming week. Should you play at another course and they enter your card though, your handicap could change immediately, so you will need to get into the habit of checking your handicap by text. I’ll let you know more stuff as it comes to hand.
Men playing off Yellow Tees:
After requests to introduce a course where the men can play off the yellow tees – initially with our juniors in mind - the NZ Golf Handicapping team have created an additional course for us which can be played from now and the card entered for handicapping.
A couple of things to be aware of:
- Numbers 10, 11, 13 and 15 are played as par 4s on the men’s yellow course.
- We do not have special cards for the purpose so you will need to use our normal cards and tick the yellow box so that the handicapper knows which course you have played. If the box is not ticked, the assumption will be that you have played from the white tees.
Happy New Year!
Posted: Saturday 4 January 2020